Remnant Angels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Owner: Vanse aka Drace

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Base Tank (BU)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Base Tank (BU) Empty
PostSubject: Base Tank (BU)   Base Tank (BU) Icon_minitime1Sat May 12, 2018 12:10 am

This role is where the raid starts becoming interesting. This role is also a mix between NC and Pet Tanking with a few new twists. Your role starts before Beastmaster Durzag spawns and acts as a South Charger role. This means you open the cages NC isn't opening, which if you couldn't tell by the name are the cages at the SOUTH side of the arena. This is where you kill your chargers

Again you're opening all the cages

After you kill your chargers you will then work as the back up tank for the BT. Your job doesn't resume until Beastmaster Durzag is 750k. So take your remaining time to DPS Durzag, Prepare your position, Make sure your hp is optimal, help DPS with pets, or mentally prepare yourself for the stress you're about to suffer.

Note the Following:

1) I have my Shield ready and main-hand ready.
2) Prayer against melee is on. Very important as Durzag's max hit is around 13k.
3) A Green Shield Icon is a prayer called Fortitude. It helps a lot so use it if you can.

Playing Catch with the BT:

Your goal as the BU is to provoke Durzag when the BT needs a break. As soon as Durzag hits 750k hp, Provoke and use Barricade because you were a good BU and built your adrenaline to 100% before hand. This should give your BT time to recover. When Barricade wears off use Devotion incase the BT needs more time.

This is essentially your entire role for the fight. Whenever the BT calls for a "voke", "v", "help me i'm dying", "F#ck", etc. You will provoke Durzag and go through your defensive's until the BT takes it back or when you say "voke", "v", "help me i'm dying", "F#ck", etc.

Signs your BT needs a voke:

1) BT is at half health.
2) A bomb blew up on BT.
3) BT is signalling via chat for help.
4) BT takes a substantial amount of damage. 3k to 11k.

Helpful Tips:

1) You will encounter a debuff with a number on it. This is called a Stack. When it hits 5, 10, or 15 it will reset your defensive abilities and put them on a short cooldown. This means don't use your defensive abilities when the counter is at 4, 9, or 14. You can lower this counter by using the ability Freedom and it will cut your stack in half.

2) Bombs will also reset your defensive abilities. Grab bombs close to you. If a bomb is walking away from you, don't bother picking it up. If a bomb is walking toward you, try to pick it up but if it's too far take the damage but let your BT know to voke before it blows up on you.

3) Watch your prayer points. I know this is stressful enough but you can't tank without prayer.

4) You can ignore Chargers since you're going to be praying against melee anyways. They are no threat to you if you are praying correctly.

Base Tank (BT):

The most prestigious role and usually the raid host and leader of the group, BT is the most important role in the team. Like most of the other roles, your role starts just as Beastmaster Durzag spawns. Your preparation includes...

1) Shield + Mainhand equipped.
2) Protect from Melee and Fortitude are on.
3) Provoke is ready for use.

Once Beastmaster spawns, attack and provoke him immediately. You should be spam clicking him before he even jumps down in the arena. You will then take him to the South East Corner.Your goal here is to take as little damage as possible from Durzag until 750k.

Much like Pet Tanking and Back-Up Tanking you will be cycling through your defensive abilities
1) Devotion
2) Debilitate
3) Reflect
4) Barricade
5) Freedom (to clear your stacks)
6) Resonance (sometimes)
7) Preparation (if you use Resonance)

Stacks:

After every 5 stacks your defensive's will be forced into cool down. Don't use your main defensive abilities during stack 4, 9, and 14. Furthermore Freedom will cut your stacks in half.

The best way to deal with stacks is to allow yourself to hit up to 10 stacks. No more no less. After 10 stacks use Freedom to cut your stacks in half to 5. This will give Freedom enough time to get off cooldown as you're about to hit 10 stacks. With proper usage of defensive abilities, you will put yourself in a loop between 5 and 10 stacks.

After 750k:

When Durzag hits 750k, your BU should automatically grab Durzag away from you. Take this time to allow your Stacks to reach 0 by themselves without the use of Freedom. Once your Stacks are cleared, tell BU you will be taking Durzag and voke Durzag off your BU once they exhaust their current defensive ability (you'll know this happened when Durzag does more than 1 damage to them).(edited)
Once you grab Durzag, go through all your defensive with Barricade first cause you were a good Base Tank and built to 100% adrenaline while your stack was clearing. At this point forget what I said about getting to 10 stacks because anything above 5 stacks can kill you in one hit. So just use your Defensives and freedom and try to avoid 5 stacks. When you hit 5 that's a good time to tell your BU to voke, but only if you've already gone through both Barricade and Devotion.

Much like your days as a BU, you will spend the rest of the fight passing Beastmaster Durzag between you and the BU.

Helpful Tips: Gee it's like BU and BT are the same role...

1) Bombs will also reset your defensive abilities. Grab bombs close to you. If a bomb is walking away from you, don't bother picking it up. If a bomb is walking toward you, try to pick it up but if it's too far take the damage but let your BU know to voke before it blows up on you.

2) Watch your prayer points. I know this is stressful enough but you can't tank without prayer.

3) You can ignore Chargers since you're going to be praying against melee anyways. They are no threat to you if you are praying correctly.
Back to top Go down
https://rsangels.forumotion.com

Base Tank (BU)
Page 1 of 1